This ad is expired.
Assistant Director Financial Planning for Auxiliary Services - 11
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Financial Planning and Analysis
Working Title: Assistant Director Financial Planning for Auxiliary Services - 11
Vacancy Type: Instructional, Research and Information Technology
Min T/E Requirements:
Masters Degree and 2-4 years of experience or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, or other appropriately related degree with 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible managerial or supervisory experience in higher education or other large scale institutional settings (e.g., hospitals) with outsourced business operations.
Strong budgeting and financial management skillsDemonstrated leadershipExcellent oral and written communications skillsDemonstrated record in implementing solutions to complex employee issuesCommitment to continuous improvement programs
Salary Range: Commensurate upon Education and Experience
Hiring Range: Commensurate upon Education and Experience
Position #: 11
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months per Year: 12
Work Schedule Type:
Primary Purpose of Organization Unit:
The Office of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for strategic planning and institutional budget management for multiple funding sources including State Appropriations, Tuition and Fees, Facilities and Administrative Receipts, Capital Improvement Funds, and Institutional Trust Funds. This office provides financial management and analysis to administrators.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for managing both operationally and financially auxiliary type operations, which encompass a $15 million operating budget. Managerial oversight for these areas includes preparing and managing the annual budget, reporting and finance model, and facilities and equipment plans, and overseeing all marketing and operational plans. The three primary auxiliary services are the bookstore and foodservice, which are both managed by third party vendors under long term contract, and student housing, which is managed by the University Division of Student Affairs. The goal is to ensure that the university and its contractors are providing outstanding services to our students, faculty and staff while being providing a financial return to the university.
Financial plans for each auxiliary include annual consideration of prices and charges to students and other customers. The financial plan for auxiliaries may include debt issuance and debt service management, as well as transfers to other university entities to support university goals (e.g., scholarships). The facilities plan for each auxiliary includes the need for ongoing maintenance and capital renewal.
In addition to working with the auxiliary operators, the (Assistant Director must work closely with and coordinate across many university offices including facilities; occupational safety; controller; athletics; campus police; purchasing and business services; marketing; student life and others.The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis within the Division of Finance and Administration.
Established in 1887 as a school for the education of American Indians, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke serves a distinctly diverse student body and encourages inclusion and appreciation of the values of all people. Located in the heart of Pembroke, N.C., UNCP boasts an enrollment of 8,200 in 41 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs and offers a personalized learning environment where faculty and staff are dedicated to engaged scholarship, high academic standards, creative activity and public service. Spread over 281 acres, the campus offers a sense of community and belonging-a place where faculty and staff feel supported, take pride in the university's mission, and are devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to developing leaders who make a difference in their communities.
- Provides oversight of Dining, Bookstore, and Housing to enhance revenue and stewardship of resources
- Manages and prepares the annual budget for the auxiliary units, to include that the budgeting, finance and reporting model ensures strong financial control over contractual requirements, inventories, pricing strategies and bottom-line projected returns.
- Oversees marketing plans, ensuring advertising and performance assessments of all products.
- Prepares and manages facility and equipment plan while ensuring use and care of building, repair and maintenance of buildings and equipment, capital improvements, ongoing refurbishment of applicable areas.
- Works closely with campus partners to ensure timely financial reporting for all projects, maintaining a tracking system detailing the reporting schedules and required documents needed
- Provides revenue projections to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis related to changes in student fees, provides recommendations on budget allocations, projected spending and commitments for future years.
- Oversees operational compliance with contract terms and monitors financial performance; scrutinizes and maintains contract compliance through document review, physical inspection, and customer interactions with written follow-up reports
- Work closely with the colleagues in the Office of Financial Planning and Analysis to ensure auxiliary operations are properly presented and fully integrated in the All-Funds Budget and the multiyear financial plan.
- Serves as a direct liaison between the university and the food services and bookstore contractor
- Oversees all retail food service sites on campus and the main Dining Facility, as well as the physical bookstore, the contractor's online sales operations and any pop-up or temporary retail sites
- Serves as a direct liaison between the Office of Financial Planning and Analysis and the Office of Residence Life and the division of Student Affairs
- Prepares the operational plan for the auxiliary operations by assisting in the overall direction and strategic planning of short and long-term goals
- Plan, organize, and direct, day-to-day activities for the auxiliary units.
- Plan day-to-day operations with the respective auxiliary supervisor/manager, while maximizing revenue and controlling expenses.
- Serve as the lead negotiator for contract renewals.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and manage the process through which contract awards are made and implemented, as needed
- Prepare and manage the implementation of policies and procedures for this unit.
This position is designated as Mandatory Personnel: Employees whose presence has been determined to be mandatory to University operations during certain types of adverse weather or emergency events.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, or other appropriately related degree. Masters degree preferred. At least 5 years of progressively responsible managerial or supervisory experience in higher education or other large scale institutional settings (e.g., hospitals) with outsourced business operations Strong budgeting and financial management skills Demonstrated leadership Excellent oral and written communications skills Demonstrated record in implementing solutions to complex employee issues Commitment to continuous improvement programs
Lic or Certifications Required by Statute or Regulation: N/A
Job Opening Date: 03/03/2023
Job Closing Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Posting Category: Managerial/Non-Faculty Professional
Posting Number: EPA00778
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uncp.edu/postings/9867
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f7320b3d8099fd478c48d852bbbc0f51