This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant - Financial Aid
Job ID: 267298
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
1. Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
2. Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
3. Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
4. Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
5. Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
6. Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
7. Monitors and assesses office equipment, stationery and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
8. Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
9. May maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card**
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teams
Previous experience in higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An undergraduate or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to utilize standard office equipment and multi-line telephone system
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, Board of Regents policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran or military status by any member of the KSU Community on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for members of the KSU community.
For additional information or to file a complaint under the provisions of this policy, students, employees, applicants for employment or admission or other third parties should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at English Building, Suite 202, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by making a report here.
- Standard Enhanced
- Credit Check
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=267298&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency